The commission, with the advice and cooperation of the Florida Coalition Against Domestic Violence, the Florida Sheriffs Association, the Florida Police Chiefs Association, and other agencies that verify, serve, and enforce injunctions for protection against domestic violence, shall develop by rule uniform statewide policies and procedures to be incorporated into required courses of basic law enforcement training and continuing education. These statewide policies and procedures shall include:
(1) The duties and responsibilities of law enforcement in response to domestic violence calls, enforcement of injunctions, and data collection.
(2) The legal duties imposed on law enforcement officers to make arrests and offer protection and assistance, including guidelines for making felony and misdemeanor arrests.
(3) Techniques for handling incidents of domestic violence that minimize the likelihood of injury to the officer and that promote safety of the victim.
(4) The dynamics of domestic violence and the magnitude of the problem.
(5) The legal rights of, and remedies available to, victims of domestic violence.
(6) Documentation, report writing, and evidence collection.
(7) Tenancy issues and domestic violence.
(8) The impact of law enforcement intervention in preventing future violence.
(9) Special needs of children at the scene of domestic violence and the subsequent impact on their lives.
(10) The services and facilities available to victims and batterers.
(11) The use and application of sections of the Florida Statutes as they relate to domestic violence situations.
(12) Verification, enforcement, and service of injunctions for protection when the suspect is present and when the suspect has fled.
(13) Emergency assistance to victims and how to assist victims in pursuing criminal justice options.
(14) Working with uncooperative victims, when the officer becomes the complainant.