The department may establish bank accounts outside the State Treasury for the purpose of collecting and disbursing restitution and other court-ordered payments from persons in its custody or under its supervision, and may collect an administrative processing fee in an amount equal to 4 percent of the gross amounts of such payments. Such administrative processing fee shall be deposited in the department’s Operating Trust Fund and shall be used to offset the cost of the department’s services. The department is authorized to deposit or transfer into the General Revenue Fund:
(1) Offender overpayments that are less than $10 at the end of the offender’s supervision.
(2) Offender funds that are not claimed within 1 year after supervision is terminated.
(3) Victim restitution payments that are not claimed within 1 year after the offender’s supervision is terminated.
(4) Interest earned on balances in the COPS bank accounts.
(5) Payments that cannot be identified and are not claimed within 1 year after they are received.