(1) The Governor may authorize a direct-support organization to assist in addressing the needs of victims of adult and juvenile crime. The direct-support organization shall operate under contract with the Executive Office of the Governor. Such a direct-support organization must be:
(a) Incorporated under chapter 617 and approved by the Department of State as a Florida corporation not for profit;
(b) Organized and operated to receive, hold, invest, and administer property and to make expenditures to or for the benefit of victims of adult and juvenile crime. The direct-support organization may not receive funds from the Executive Office of the Governor by grant, gift, or contract unless specifically authorized by the Legislature; and
(c) Approved by the Governor to be operating for the benefit of and in the best interest of the state.
(2) The contract must provide for:
(a) Approval of the articles of incorporation of the direct-support organization by the Governor, and for the governance of the direct-support organization by members appointed by the Governor;
(b) Submission of an annual budget for the approval of the Governor;
(c) Certification by the Governor or the Governor’s designee, after conducting an annual financial and performance review, that the direct-support organization is operating in compliance with the terms of the contract and in a manner consistent with the goals of the Legislature in providing assistance to victims of adult and juvenile crime and in the best interest of the state;
(d) The release and conditions for the expenditure of any state revenues;
(e) The reversion to the state of funds held in trust by the direct-support organization if the contract is terminated; and
(f) The fiscal year of the direct-support organization to begin on July 1 and end on June 30 of each year.
(3) The Executive Office of the Governor may authorize the use of state property, facilities, and personal services subject to the provisions of this section. For the purposes of this subsection, personal services includes full-time or part-time personnel as well as payroll processing services.
(4) The direct-support organization shall provide for an annual financial audit in accordance with s. 215.981.
(5) All records of the direct-support organization constitute public records for the purposes of chapter 119.