Notwithstanding the criteria in s. 960.13, for crime victim compensation awards, the department may award a maximum of $500 to elderly persons or disabled adults who suffer a property loss that causes a substantial diminution in their quality of life when:
(1) There is proof that a criminal or delinquent act was committed;
(2) The criminal or delinquent act is reported to law enforcement authorities within 72 hours;
(3) The victim cooperates with law enforcement authorities in the investigation of the criminal or delinquent act;
(4) There is proof that the tangible personal property in question belonged to the claimant;
(5) The claimant did not contribute to the criminal or delinquent act;
(6) There is no other source of reimbursement or indemnification available to the claimant; and
(7) The claimant would not be able to replace the tangible personal property in question without incurring a serious financial hardship.