The district school superintendent shall have the authority, and when necessary for the more efficient and adequate operation of the district school system, the district school superintendent shall exercise the following powers:
(1) GENERAL OVERSIGHT.—Exercise general oversight over the district school system in order to determine problems and needs, and recommend improvements.
(2) ADVISE, COUNSEL, AND RECOMMEND TO DISTRICT SCHOOL BOARD.—Advise and counsel with the district school board on all educational matters and recommend to the district school board for action such matters as should be acted upon.
(3) RECOMMEND POLICIES.—Recommend to the district school board for adoption such policies pertaining to the district school system as the district school superintendent may consider necessary for its more efficient operation.
(4) RECOMMEND AND EXECUTE RULES.—Prepare and organize by subjects and submit to the district school board for adoption such rules to supplement those adopted by the State Board of Education as, in the district school superintendent’s opinion, will contribute to the efficient operation of any aspect of education in the district. When rules have been adopted, the district school superintendent shall see that they are executed.
(5) RECOMMEND AND EXECUTE MINIMUM STANDARDS.—From time to time prepare, organize by subject, and submit to the district school board for adoption such minimum standards relating to the operation of any phase of the district school system as are needed to supplement those adopted by the State Board of Education and as will contribute to the efficient operation of any aspect of education in the district and ensure that minimum standards adopted by the district school board and the state board are observed.
(6) PERFORM DUTIES AND EXERCISE RESPONSIBILITIES.—Perform such duties and exercise such responsibilities as are assigned to the district school superintendent by law and by rules of the State Board of Education.