(1) Public school principals shall supervise public school personnel as the district school board determines necessary.
(2) The school principal is responsible for recommending to the district school superintendent the employment of instructional personnel to be assigned to the school to which the principal is assigned.
(3) Each school principal is responsible for the performance of all personnel employed by the district school board and assigned to the school to which the principal is assigned. The school principal shall faithfully and effectively apply the personnel assessment system approved by the district school board pursuant to s. 1012.34. (4) Each school principal shall assist the teachers within the school to use student assessment data, as measured by student learning gains pursuant to s. 1008.22, for self-evaluation.
(5) Each school principal shall perform such duties as may be assigned by the district school superintendent, pursuant to the rules of the district school board. Such rules shall include, but are not limited to, rules relating to administrative responsibility, instructional leadership in implementing the Sunshine State Standards and the overall educational program of the school to which the school principal is assigned, submission of personnel recommendations to the district school superintendent, administrative responsibility for records and reports, administration of corporal punishment, and student suspension.
(6) A school principal who fails to comply with this section shall be ineligible for any portion of the performance pay policy incentive and differentiated pay under s. 1012.22.