FREDS 2000 is a tool for building and analyzing Florida
Congressional, Senate and House districts. It was
commissioned by the President of the Senate and the Speaker
of the House of Representatives to give legislators and citizens
direct access to the vast amount of demographic information
pertinent to redistricting.
The application includes more than 2
GB of census and election data for the State of Florida. These
data were compiled from information supplied by the U.S.
Bureau of the Census, the 67 supervisors of elections, and the
Florida Division of Elections.
- PC with a 300 MHz processor, 500 MHz recommended
- Microsoft Windows® 98 or higher (NT not supported)
- Microsoft Internet Explorer® Version 5.01 or higher
- 3GB available hard-disk space
- 64 MB RAM minimum, 128 MB RAM recommended