Section 24.103, Florida Statutes 2008
24.103 Definitions.--As used in this act:
(1) "Department" means the Department of the Lottery.
(2) "Secretary" means the secretary of the department.
(3) "Person" means any individual, firm, association, joint adventure, partnership, estate, trust, syndicate, fiduciary, corporation, or other group or combination and shall include any agency or political subdivision of the state.
(4) "Major procurement" means a procurement for a contract for the printing of tickets for use in any lottery game, consultation services for the startup of the lottery, any goods or services involving the official recording for lottery game play purposes of a player's selections in any lottery game involving player selections, any goods or services involving the receiving of a player's selection directly from a player in any lottery game involving player selections, any goods or services involving the drawing, determination, or generation of winners in any lottery game, the security report services provided for in this act, or any goods and services relating to marketing and promotion which exceed a value of $25,000.
(5) "Retailer" means a person who sells lottery tickets on behalf of the department pursuant to a contract.
(6) "Vendor" means a person who provides or proposes to provide goods or services to the department, but does not include an employee of the department, a retailer, or a state agency.
History.--s. 3, ch. 87-65; s. 1, ch. 89-208; s. 1, ch. 2001-89.