Section 25.241, Florida Statutes 2001
25.241 Clerk of Supreme Court; compensation; assistants; filing fees, etc.--
(1) The Clerk of the Supreme Court shall be paid an annual salary to be determined in accordance with s. 25.382.
(2) The Clerk of the Supreme Court is authorized to employ such deputies and clerical assistants as may be necessary. Their number and compensation shall be approved by the court. The compensation of such employees shall be paid from the annual appropriation for the Supreme Court.
(3) The Clerk of the Supreme Court is hereby required to collect, upon the filing of a certified copy of a notice of appeal or petition, $250 for each case docketed, and for copying, certifying, or furnishing opinions, records, papers, or other instruments, except as otherwise herein provided, the same fees that are allowed clerks of the circuit court; however, no fee shall be less than $1. The State of Florida or its agencies, when appearing as appellant or petitioner, is exempt from the filing fees required in this subsection.
(4) The Clerk of the Supreme Court is hereby authorized, immediately after a case is disposed of, to supply the judge who tried the case and from whose order, judgment, or decree, appeal or other review is taken and any court which reviewed it, a copy of all opinions, orders, or judgments filed in such case. Copies of opinions, orders, and decrees shall be furnished in all cases to each attorney of record; copies for publication in Florida reports shall be without charge; and copies furnished to the law book publishers shall be at one-half the regular statutory fee.
(5) The Clerk of the Supreme Court is hereby required to prepare a statement of all fees collected in duplicate each month and remit one copy of said statement, together with all fees collected by him or her, to the State Treasurer, who shall place the same to the credit of the General Revenue Fund.
History.--s. 1, ch. 57-274; s. 1, ch. 73-305; s. 3, ch. 75-124; s. 1, ch. 85-222; s. 1, ch. 85-249; s. 5, ch. 89-290; s. 103, ch. 95-147.