Section 39.312, Florida Statutes 2009
39.312 Goals.--The goals of any Family Builders Program shall be to:
(1) Ensure the protection of the child's health and safety while working with the family.
(2) Help parents to improve their relationships with their children and to provide better care, nutrition, hygiene, discipline, protection, instruction, and supervision.
(3) Help parents to provide a better household environment for their children by improving household maintenance, budgeting, and purchasing.
(4) Provide part-time child care when parents are unable to do so or need temporary relief.
(5) Assist and educate parents in household maintenance, budgeting, and purchasing when parents are unable to do so on their own or need temporary relief.
(6) Assist parents and children to manage and resolve conflicts.
(7) Assist parents to meet the special physical, mental, or emotional needs of their children and help parents to deal with their own special physical, mental, or emotional needs that interfere with their ability to care for their children and to manage their households.
(8) Help families to discover and gain access to community resources to which the family or children might be entitled and which would assist the family in meeting its needs and the needs of the children, including the needs for food, clothing, housing, utilities, transportation, appropriate educational opportunities, employment, respite care, and recreational and social activities.
(9) Help families by providing cash or in-kind assistance to meet their needs for food, clothing, housing, or transportation when such needs prevent or threaten to prevent parents from caring for their children, and when such needs are not met by other sources in the community in a timely fashion.
(10) Provide such additional reasonable services for the prevention of child abuse, abandonment, and neglect as may be needed in order to strengthen a family at risk.
History.--s. 4, ch. 90-182; s. 67, ch. 90-306; s. 6, ch. 91-183; s. 125, ch. 94-209; s. 48, ch. 98-403; s. 19, ch. 99-193.
Note.--Former s. 415.516.