Section 101.65, Florida Statutes 2001
101.65 Instructions to absent electors.--The supervisor shall enclose with each absentee ballot separate printed instructions in substantially the following form:
READ THESE INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE MARKING BALLOT.
1. VERY IMPORTANT. In order to ensure that your absentee ballot will be counted, it should be completed and returned as soon as possible so that it can reach the supervisor of elections of the county in which your precinct is located no later than 7 p.m. on the day of the election.
2. Mark your ballot in secret as instructed on the ballot. You must mark your own ballot unless you are unable to do so because of blindness, disability, or inability to read or write.
3. Place your marked ballot in the enclosed secrecy envelope.
4. Insert the secrecy envelope into the enclosed mailing envelope which is addressed to the supervisor.
5. Seal the mailing envelope and completely fill out the Voter's Certificate on the back of the mailing envelope.
6. VERY IMPORTANT. In order for your absentee ballot to be counted, you must sign your name on the line above (Voter's Signature).
7. VERY IMPORTANT. If you are an overseas voter, you must include the date you signed the Voter's Certificate on the line above (Date) or your ballot may not be counted.
8. VERY IMPORTANT. In order for your absentee ballot to be counted, it must include the signature and address of a witness 18 years of age or older affixed to the Voter's Certificate. No candidate may serve as an attesting witness.
9. Mail, deliver, or have delivered the completed mailing envelope. Be sure there is sufficient postage if mailed.
10. FELONY NOTICE. It is a felony under Florida law to accept any gift, payment, or gratuity in exchange for your vote for a candidate. It is also a felony under Florida law to vote in an election using a false identity or false address, or under any other circumstances making your ballot false or fraudulent.
History.--s. 5, ch. 7380, 1917; RGS 372; CGL 433; s. 1, ch. 25385, 1949; s. 5, ch. 26870, 1951; s. 35, ch. 28156, 1953; s. 23, ch. 29934, 1955; s. 34, ch. 65-380; s. 4, ch. 71-149; s. 9, ch. 72-63; s. 2, ch. 73-105; s. 7, ch. 73-157; ss. 3, 4, ch. 75-174; s. 23, ch. 77-175; s. 2, ch. 81-106; s. 10, ch. 81-304; s. 11, ch. 82-143; s. 7, ch. 83-251; s. 3, ch. 85-226; s. 2, ch. 86-33; s. 589, ch. 95-147; s. 5, ch. 96-57; s. 16, ch. 98-129; s. 33, ch. 99-2; s. 54, ch. 2001-40.
Note.--Former s. 101.05.