Section 106.15, Florida Statutes 2006
106.15 Certain acts prohibited.--
(1) No person shall pay money or give anything of value for the privilege of speaking at a political meeting in the furtherance of his or her candidacy, nor shall anyone speaking for such a person pay money or give anything of value for such privilege.
(2) No candidate, in the furtherance of his or her candidacy for nomination or election to public office in any election, shall use any state-owned aircraft or motor vehicle, as provided in chapter 287, solely for the purpose of furthering his or her candidacy. However, in the event a candidate uses any state-owned aircraft or motor vehicle to conduct official state business and while on such trip performs any function in the furtherance of his or her candidacy for nomination or election to public office in any election, the candidate shall prorate the expenses incurred and reimburse the appropriate agency for any trip not exclusively for state business and shall pay either a prorated share of all fixed and variable expenses related to the ownership, operation, and use of such aircraft or one-half of the total fixed and variable expenses related to the ownership, operation, and use of such aircraft, whichever is greater. The reimbursement shall be made from the campaign account of the candidate.
(3) A candidate may not, in the furtherance of his or her candidacy for nomination or election to public office in any election, use the services of any state, county, municipal, or district officer or employee during working hours.
(4) No person shall make and no person shall solicit or knowingly accept any political contribution in a building owned by a governmental entity. For purposes of this subsection, "accept" means to receive a contribution by personal hand delivery from a contributor or the contributor's agent. This subsection shall not apply when a government-owned building or any portion thereof is rented for the specific purpose of holding a campaign fund raiser.
(5) Any person violating the provisions of this section commits a misdemeanor of the first degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082 or s. 775.083.
History.--s. 15, ch. 73-128; s. 9, ch. 74-200; s. 1, ch. 77-174; s. 54, ch. 77-175; s. 61, ch. 79-400; s. 31, ch. 81-304; s. 28, ch. 83-217; s. 2, ch. 83-304; s. 16, ch. 91-45; s. 17, ch. 91-107; s. 648, ch. 95-147; s. 2, ch. 97-223; s. 7, ch. 2002-197.