Section 106.33, Florida Statutes 2003
106.33 Election campaign financing; eligibility.--Each candidate for the office of Governor or member of the Cabinet who desires to receive contributions from the 1Election Campaign Financing Trust Fund shall, upon qualifying for office, file a request for such contributions with the filing officer on forms provided by the Division of Elections. If a candidate requesting contributions from the fund desires to have such funds distributed by electronic fund transfers, the request shall include information necessary to implement that procedure. For the purposes of ss. 106.30-106.36, candidates for Governor and Lieutenant Governor on the same ticket shall be considered as a single candidate. To be eligible to receive contributions from the fund, a candidate may not be an unopposed candidate as defined in s. 106.011(15) and must:
(1) Agree to abide by the expenditure limits provided in s. 106.34.
(2)(a) Raise contributions as follows:
1. One hundred fifty thousand dollars for a candidate for Governor.
2. One hundred thousand dollars for a candidate for Cabinet office.
(b) Contributions from individuals who at the time of contributing are not state residents may not be used to meet the threshold amounts in paragraph (a). For purposes of this paragraph, any person validly registered to vote in this state shall be considered a state resident.
(3) Limit loans or contributions from the candidate's personal funds to $25,000 and contributions from national, state, and county executive committees of a political party to $25,000 in the aggregate, which loans or contributions shall not qualify for meeting the threshold amounts in subsection (2).
(4) Submit to a postelection audit of the campaign account by the division.
History.--s. 1, ch. 86-276; s. 40, ch. 90-315; s. 20, ch. 91-107; s. 68, ch. 2001-40.
1Note.--The trust fund expired, effective November 4, 1996, by operation of s. 19(f), Art. III of the State Constitution.