Section 110.112, Florida Statutes 2009
110.112 Affirmative action; equal employment opportunity.--
(1) It shall be the policy of the state to assist in providing the assurance of equal employment opportunity through programs of affirmative and positive action that will allow full utilization of women and minorities.
(2)(a) The head of each executive agency shall develop and implement an affirmative action plan in accordance with rules adopted by the department and approved by a majority vote of the Administration Commission before their adoption.
(b) Each executive agency shall establish annual goals for ensuring full utilization of groups underrepresented in its workforce as compared to the relevant labor market, as defined by the agency. Each executive agency shall design its affirmative action plan to meet its established goals.
(c) An affirmative action-equal employment opportunity officer shall be appointed by the head of each executive agency. The affirmative action-equal employment opportunity officer's responsibilities must include determining annual goals, monitoring agency compliance, and providing consultation to managers regarding progress, deficiencies, and appropriate corrective action.
(d) The department shall report information in its annual workforce report relating to the implementation, continuance, updating, and results of each executive agency's affirmative action plan for the previous fiscal year.
(e) The department shall provide to all supervisory personnel of the executive agencies training in the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action, the development and implementation of affirmative action plans, and the establishment of annual affirmative action goals. The department may contract for training services, and each participating agency shall reimburse the department for costs incurred through such contract. After the department approves the contents of the training program for the agencies, the department may delegate this training to the executive agencies.
(3) Each state attorney and public defender shall:
(a) Develop and implement an affirmative action plan.
(b) Establish annual goals for ensuring full utilization of groups underrepresented in its workforce as compared to the relevant labor market in this state. The state attorneys' and public defenders' affirmative action plans must be designed to meet the established goals.
(c) Appoint an affirmative action-equal employment opportunity officer.
(d) Report annually to the Justice Administrative Commission on the implementation, continuance, updating, and results of his or her affirmative action program for the previous fiscal year.
(4) The state, its agencies and officers shall ensure freedom from discrimination in employment as provided by the Florida Civil Rights Act of 1992, by s. 112.044, and by this chapter.
(5) Any individual claiming to be aggrieved by an unlawful employment practice may file a complaint with the Florida Commission on Human Relations as provided by s. 760.11.
(6) The department shall review and monitor executive agency actions in carrying out the rules adopted by the department pursuant to this section.
History.--s. 20, ch. 79-190; s. 1, ch. 89-149; s. 3, ch. 91-431; s. 6, ch. 94-113; s. 1397, ch. 95-147; s. 2, ch. 96-399; s. 36, ch. 99-2; s. 3, ch. 99-399; s. 16, ch. 2001-60.