Section 110.406, Florida Statutes 2009
110.406 Senior Management Service; data collection.--
(1) The department shall annually compile data regarding the administration of the Senior Management Service.
(2) The data required by this section shall include:
(a) A detailed description of the specific actions that have been taken by the department to implement the provisions of s. 110.403.
(b) Any recommendations and proposals for legislation which the secretary may have with respect to improving the operation and administration of the Senior Management Service.
(c) In addition, as needed, the data shall include:
1. A pricing analysis based on a market survey of positions comparable to those included in the Senior Management Service and recommendations with respect to whether, and to what extent, revisions to the pay bands for the Senior Management Service classifications should be implemented.
2. An analysis of actual salary levels for each classification within the Senior Management Service, indicating the mean salary for each classification within the Senior Management Service and the deviation from such mean with respect to each agency's salary practice in each classification; a review of the duties and responsibilities in relation to the incumbents' salary levels, credentials, skills, knowledge, and abilities; and an opinion as to whether the salary practices reflected thereby indicate interagency salary inequities among positions within the Senior Management Service.
(3) To assist in the preparation of the data required by this section, the secretary may hire a consultant with expertise in the field of personnel management and may use the services of the advisory committee authorized in s. 110.405.
History.--ss. 6, 14, ch. 85-318; s. 4, ch. 86-149; ss. 1, 2, ch. 89-13; s. 18, ch. 94-113; s. 1, ch. 94-259; s. 19, ch. 96-399; s. 12, ch. 97-296; s. 12, ch. 2003-138.