Section 110.605, Florida Statutes 2009
110.605 Powers and duties; personnel rules, records, reports, and performance appraisal.--
(1) The department shall adopt and administer uniform personnel rules, records, and reports relating to employees and positions in the Selected Exempt Service, as well as any other rules and procedures relating to personnel administration which are necessary to carry out the purposes of this part.
(a) The department shall develop uniform forms and instructions to be used in reporting transactions which involve changes in an employee's salary, status, performance, leave, fingerprint record, loyalty oath, payroll change, or appointment action or any additional transactions as the department may deem appropriate.
(b) The department shall develop a uniform performance appraisal system for employees and positions in the Selected Exempt Service covered by a collective bargaining agreement. Each employing agency shall develop a performance appraisal system for all other employees and positions in the Selected Exempt System. Such agency system shall take into consideration individual and organizational efficiency, productivity, and effectiveness.
(c) The employing agency must maintain, on a current basis, all records and reports required by applicable rules. The department shall periodically audit employing agency records to determine compliance with the provisions of this part and the rules of the department.
(d) The department shall develop a program of affirmative and positive actions that will ensure full utilization of women and minorities in Selected Exempt Service positions.
(2) Each employing agency shall operate within the uniform personnel rules adopted by the department pursuant to the provisions of this part. Each employing agency may adopt rules as necessary to implement the provisions of this part, but such rules shall not prescribe any personnel policies inconsistent with the provisions of this part or the rules of the department.
(3) The rules adopted by the department and each employing agency under this part shall comply with all federal regulations necessary to permit the state agencies to be eligible to receive federal funds.
(4) The department shall adopt by rule procedures for Selected Exempt Service employees that require disclosure to the agency head of any application for or offer of employment, gift, contractual relationship, or financial interest with any individual, partnership, association, corporation, utility, or other organization, whether public or private, doing business with or subject to regulation by the agency.
(5) The secretary may periodically hire a consultant with expertise in personnel management to advise him or her with respect to the administration of the Selected Exempt Service.
History.--ss. 8, 14, ch. 85-318; s. 9, ch. 86-149; ss. 1, 2, ch. 89-13; s. 7, ch. 89-277; s. 18, ch. 94-113; s. 1, ch. 94-259; s. 672, ch. 95-147; s. 21, ch. 96-399; s. 15, ch. 99-399; s. 30, ch. 2001-43.