Section 215.92, Florida Statutes 2001
215.92 Definitions relating to Florida Financial Management Information System Act.--For the purposes of ss. 215.90-215.96:
(1) "Auditable" means the presence of features and characteristics that are needed to verify the proper functioning of controls in any given information subsystem.
(2) "Board" means the Financial Management Information Board.
(3) "Coordinating council" or "council" means the Florida Financial Management Information System Coordinating Council.
(4) "Data or data code" means representation of facts, concepts, or instructions in a formalized manner suitable for communication, interpretation, or processing by humans or by automatic means. The term includes any representations such as characters or analog quantities to which meaning is, or might be, assigned.
(5) "Design and coordination staff" means the personnel responsible for providing administrative and clerical support to the board, coordinating council, and secretary to the board. The design and coordination staff shall function as the agency clerk for the board and the coordinating council. For administrative purposes, the design and coordination staff are assigned to the Department of Banking and Finance but they are functionally assigned to the board.
(6) "Functional owner" means the agency, or that part of the judicial branch, which has the legal responsibility to design, implement, and operate an information subsystem as provided by ss. 215.90-215.96.
(7) "Functional system specifications" means the detailed written description of an information subsystem. These specifications are prepared by the functional owner of the system; describe, in the functional owner's language, what an information subsystem is required to do; and describe the features, characteristics, controls, and internal control measures to be incorporated into the information subsystem. Such specifications are the basis for the preparation of the technical system specifications by the functional owner.
(8) "Information system" means a group of interrelated information subsystems.
(9) "Information subsystem" means the entire collection of procedures, equipment, and people devoted to the generation, collection, evaluation, storage, retrieval, and dissemination of data and information within an organization or functional area in order to promote the flow of information from source to user.
History.--s. 1, ch. 80-45; s. 28, ch. 92-142; s. 21, ch. 97-286.