Section 216.053, Florida Statutes 2004
216.053 Summary information in the General Appropriations Act; construction of such information.--
(1) For informational purposes only, the General Appropriations Act shall contain summary information that covers specific appropriations and summarizes program areas.
(2) The purpose of the summary information is to help the public understand those budgetary decisions made by the Legislature and contained in the General Appropriations Act.
(3) Summary information does not operate to further change, earmark, or restrict specific appropriations made in the General Appropriations Act, does not constitute specific appropriations, and is not subject to the Governor's line-item veto.
(4) In drafting the General Appropriations Act, the Legislature shall ensure that all specific appropriations are displayed so as not to impede the Governor's authority under the State Constitution to line-item veto specific appropriations.
(5) For programs operating under performance-based program budgets, the General Appropriations Act shall contain summary information that covers specific appropriations and summarizes programs and performance.
History.--s. 45, ch. 92-142; s. 10, ch. 94-249.