Section 218.72, Florida Statutes 2003
218.72 Definitions.--As used in this part:
(1) "Proper invoice" means an invoice which conforms with all statutory requirements and with all requirements that have been specified by the local governmental entity to which the invoice is submitted.
(2) "Local governmental entity" means a county or municipal government, school board, school district, authority, special taxing district, other political subdivision, or any office, board, bureau, commission, department, branch, division, or institution thereof or any project supported by county or municipal funds.
(3) "County" means a political subdivision of the state established pursuant to s. 1, Art. VIII of the State Constitution.
(4) "Municipality" means a municipality created pursuant to general or special law and metropolitan and consolidated governments as provided in s. 6(e) and (f), Art. VIII of the State Constitution.
(5) "Purchase" means the purchase of goods, services, or construction services; the purchase or lease of personal property; or the lease of real property by a local governmental entity.
(6) "Vendor" means any person who sells goods or services, sells or leases personal property, or leases real property to a local governmental entity.
(7) "Construction services" means all labor, services, and materials provided in connection with the construction, alteration, repair, demolition, reconstruction, or any other improvements to real property that require a license under parts I and II of chapter 489.
(8) "Payment request" means a request for payment for construction services which conforms with all statutory requirements and with all requirements specified by the local governmental entity to which the payment request is submitted.
(9) "Agent" means project architect, project engineer, or any other agency or person acting on behalf of the local governmental entity.
History.--s. 4, ch. 89-297; s. 1, ch. 95-331; s. 1, ch. 2001-169.