Section 243.01, Florida Statutes 2001
243.01 Definitions.--The following terms, wherever used or referred to in this part, shall have the following meanings unless a different meaning clearly appears in the context:
(1) The term "institution" shall mean any institution under the jurisdiction of the Board of Regents.
(2) The term "board" shall mean the Board of Regents.
(3) The term "revenue certificate" shall mean bonds, revenue bonds, or other forms of indebtedness, or certificates with respect to the repayment of any loans, issued on behalf of the Board of Regents pursuant to this part.
(4) The term "to acquire" shall include to purchase, to erect, to build, to construct, to reconstruct, to repair, to replace, to extend, to better, to equip, to develop, to rehabilitate, to remodel, to enlarge, to furnish, or to improve a project, in each case to the extent the same constitutes fixed capital outlay expenditures.
(5) The term "project" shall mean and include buildings, structures, improvements, real estate, and related interests in real estate and appurtenances, fixtures, and equipment of every kind, nature, and description, which may be required by or convenient for the purpose of an institution, including, without limiting the generality of the foregoing, administration, exhibition, lecture, recreational and teaching halls, bookstores, commons, dining halls, dormitories, auditoriums, libraries, infirmaries, laundries, laboratories, museums, student unions, swimming pools, watertowers, fire prevention and firefighting systems, gymnasiums, stadiums, dwellings, greenhouses, farm buildings, and stables, or parts thereof, or additions thereto; or any one, or more than one, or all of the foregoing, or any combination thereof, acquired pursuant to this part.
History.--s. 2, ch. 16981, 1935; CGL 1936 Supp. 788(2); s. 2, ch. 20920, 1941; s. 2, ch. 21788, 1943; s. 7, ch. 22858, 1945; s. 2, ch. 63-204; s. 18, ch. 65-130; s. 6, ch. 94-230.
Note.--Former s. 240.16.