Section 250.24, Florida Statutes 2001
250.24 Pay and expenses; appropriation; procedures.--
(1) The pay and expenses of troops ordered out in active service of the state shall be paid from any appropriation for preserving the public peace or from the pay and expenses of troops ordered out in aid of civil authorities. Payments shall be made upon prescribed forms of payrolls and vouchers, accompanied by copies of the order under which troops were acting, certified by the Adjutant General and approved by the Governor. In those instances where the payment will be made from the Department of Military Affairs annual appropriation, the payroll need not be approved by the Governor. The Adjutant General shall be the sole authority of said pay.
(2) An estimated cost for pay, allowances, and expenses shall be calculated by the Adjutant General as soon as possible after the troops are ordered out in active service of the state; and the Adjutant General shall request a release of moneys for such purpose.
(3) Notwithstanding the provision of s. 216.271, moneys for pay and allowances of the troops ordered out in active service of the state shall be deposited in a separate revolving fund, which shall be approved by the Comptroller and shall be subject to the provisions of s. 18.101(2). The Department of Military Affairs shall administer the fund. Frequency of payments to such troops shall be at the discretion of the Adjutant General. The Department of Military Affairs shall present to the Comptroller audit documentation of such payments. The Department of Military Affairs shall maintain all employee records relating to payments made pursuant to this subsection and shall furnish to the Comptroller the information necessary to update the payroll master record of each employee.
(4) The fund balance remaining in this separate revolving fund after a final accounting of all expenditures for pay and allowances of the troops shall be returned for deposit to the State Treasury within 45 days after the termination of active duty of the troops, except that an operating balance in an amount mutually agreed upon by the Comptroller and the Department of Military Affairs shall be retained in the fund.
(5) Vouchers for expenditures other than such pay and allowances shall be presented to the Comptroller for approval and payment as prescribed by law.
History.--s. 30, ch. 8502, 1921; s. 4, ch. 9337, 1923; s. 3, ch. 12089, 1927; CGL 2042; s. 1, ch. 25112, 1949; s. 5, ch. 73-93; s. 2, ch. 82-92; s. 13, ch. 83-132; s. 3, ch. 96-333.
Note.--Former s. 250.34.