Section 255.248, Florida Statutes 2009
255.248 Definitions; ss. 255.249 and 255.25.--As used in ss. 255.249 and 255.25, the term:
(1) "Best leasing value" means the highest overall value to the state based on objective factors that include, but are not limited to, rental rate, renewal rate, operational and maintenance costs, tenant-improvement allowance, location, lease term, condition of facility, landlord responsibility, amenities, and parking.
(2) "Competitive solicitation" means an invitation to bid, a request for proposals, or an invitation to negotiate.
(3) "Department" means the Department of Management Services.
(4) "Privately owned building" means any building not owned by a governmental agency.
(5) "Responsible lessor" means a lessor who has the capability in all respects to fully perform the contract requirements and the integrity and reliability that will assure good faith performance.
(6) "Responsive bid," "responsive proposal," or "responsive reply" means a bid or proposal, or reply submitted by a responsive and responsible lessor, which conforms in all material respects to the solicitation.
(7) "Responsive lessor" means a lessor that has submitted a bid, proposal, or reply that conforms in all material respects to the solicitation.
(8) "State-owned office building" means any building title to which is vested in the state and which is used by one or more executive agencies predominantly for administrative direction and support functions. This term excludes:
(a) District or area offices established for field operations where law enforcement, military, inspections, road operations, or tourist welcoming functions are performed.
(b) All educational facilities and institutions under the supervision of the Department of Education.
(c) All custodial facilities and institutions used primarily for the care, custody, or treatment of wards of the state.
(d) Buildings or spaces used for legislative activities.
(e) Buildings purchased or constructed from agricultural or citrus trust funds.
History.--s. 3, ch. 75-70; s. 61, ch. 85-349; s. 1, ch. 2007-220.