Section 255.253, Florida Statutes 2007
255.253 Definitions; ss. 255.251-255.258.--
(1) "Department" means the Department of Management Services.
(2) "Facility" means a building or other structure.
(3) "Energy performance index or indices" (EPI) means a number describing the energy requirements at the building boundary of a facility, per square foot of floor space or per cubic foot of occupied volume, as appropriate under defined internal and external ambient conditions over an entire seasonal cycle. As experience develops on the energy performance achieved with state building, the indices (EPI) will serve as a measure of building performance with respect to energy consumption.
(4) "Life-cycle costs" means the cost of owning, operating, and maintaining the facility over the life of the structure. This may be expressed as an annual cost for each year of the facility's use.
(5) "Shared savings financing" means the financing of energy conservation measures and maintenance services through a private firm which may own any purchased equipment for the duration of a contract, which shall not exceed 10 years unless so authorized by the department. Such contract shall specify that the private firm will be recompensed either out of a negotiated portion of the savings resulting from the conservation measures and maintenance services provided by the private firm or, in the case of a cogeneration project, through the payment of a rate for energy lower than would otherwise have been paid for the same energy from current sources.
History.--s. 3, ch. 74-187; s. 2, ch. 85-256; s. 36, ch. 85-349; s. 180, ch. 92-279; s. 55, ch. 92-326; s. 14, ch. 98-279.