Section 255.503, Florida Statutes 2001
255.503 Powers of the Department of Management Services.--The Department of Management Services shall have all the authority necessary to carry out and effectuate the purposes and provisions of this act, including, but not limited to, the authority to:
(1) Collect reasonable rentals or charges for the use of and services provided for facilities in the pool in accordance with the provisions of this act exclusively for the purpose of paying the expenses of improving, repairing, maintaining, and operating facilities and paying debt service charges in connection with its obligations.
(2) Prescribe for the use of facilities in the pool, prescribe the amount of rentals or charges, and make and enter into contracts with any political subdivision or agency, for the use of and services provided for such facilities.
(3) Acquire facilities pursuant to s. 11(f), Art. VII of the State Constitution and own, operate, and finance such facilities in accordance with this act through the issuance of obligations by the division under this act; to utilize rentals or charges from such facilities, as well as any appropriated state or other public funds; and to pledge revenue from such facilities to finance the acquisition of facilities pursuant to the provisions of this act.
(4) Operate existing state-owned facilities in the pool and to pledge rentals or charges for such facilities to finance the acquisition of facilities pursuant to the provisions of this act.
(5) Pledge, hypothecate, or otherwise encumber rentals or charges as may be agreed as security for obligations issued under this act and enter into trust agreements or indentures for the benefit of the holders of such obligations.
(6) Borrow money or accept advances, loans, gifts, grants, devises, or bequests from any legal source; enter into contracts or agreements with any party; and hold and apply advances, loans, gifts, grants, devises, or bequests according to the terms thereof. Such advances, loans, gifts, grants, devises, or bequests of real estate may be in fee simple or of any lesser estate and may be subject to any reasonable reservations. Any advances or loans received from any source may be repaid in accordance with the terms of such advance or loan.
(7) Sell, lease, release, or otherwise dispose of facilities in the pool in accordance with applicable law.
(8) Create and establish funds and accounts for the purpose of debt service reserves, for the matching of the timing and the amount of available funds and debt service charges, for sinking funds, for capital depreciation reserves, for operating reserves, for capitalized interest and moneys not required for immediate disbursement to acquire all or a portion of any facility, and for any other reserves, funds, or accounts reasonably necessary to carry out the provisions of this act and to invest in authorized investments any moneys held in such funds and accounts, provided such investments will be made on behalf of the Department of Management Services by the State Board of Administration or the Treasurer, as appropriate.
(9) Engage the services of consultants for rendering professional and technical assistance and advice and to engage services of professionals in connection with the acquisition or financing of any facility or the operation and activities of the Department of Management Services, including attorneys, auditors, consultants, and accountants.
(10) Lease all or any portion of any facility to an agency or to any political subdivision.
(11) Promulgate all rules necessary to implement the provisions of this act.
(12) Do all other acts reasonably necessary to carry out the provisions of this act.
History.--s. 3, ch. 85-349; s. 72, ch. 87-224; s. 23, ch. 98-279; s. 25, ch. 2000-152.