Section 267.16, Florida Statutes 2004
267.16 Florida Folklife Programs.--It is the duty and responsibility of the division to:
(1) Identify, research, interpret, and present Florida folk arts, artists, performers, folklore, traditions, customs, and cultural heritage and make folk cultural resources and folklife projects available throughout the state. The division shall compile, edit, publish, and print directories, books, articles, pamphlets, and other folklife materials to disseminate information about folk cultural resources. The division may sponsor conferences, workshops, festivals, lectures, and exhibitions on Florida folklife and promote the folk cultural resources of the state.
(2) Adopt rules necessary to carry out its duties and responsibilities with respect to such programs; enter into contracts and agreements with other agencies, organizations, associations, corporations, individuals, or federal agencies necessary to carry out its duties; and seek and accept gifts, grants, bequests, loans, and endowments for purposes consistent with its responsibilities.
(3) Use the facilities at the Stephen Foster State Folk Culture Center as the primary location of the annual Florida Folk Festival.
(4) Adopt rules by which it may advance or reimburse travel and per diem expenses, in the amount and manner provided in s. 112.061, to folklife informants and participants in the Florida Folklife Programs.
(5) Employ a state folklorist, and such other folklorists as deemed necessary, who shall possess such qualifications as the division may prescribe. The state folklorist shall serve at the pleasure of the division director and shall have his or her duties prescribed by the division director.
History.--s. 5, ch. 79-322; s. 3, ch. 81-124; s. 33, ch. 86-163; s. 2, ch. 89-63; s. 98, ch. 90-360; s. 181, ch. 95-148; s. 126, ch. 96-406; s. 2, ch. 98-266.
Note.--Former s. 265.137.