Section 282.0041, Florida Statutes 2001
282.0041 Definitions.--For the purposes of this part, the term:
(1) "Agency" means those entities described in s. 216.011(1)(qq).
(2) "Agency Annual Enterprise Resource Planning and Management Report" means the report prepared by each Agency Chief Information Officer as required by s. 282.3063.
(3) "Agency Chief Information Officer" means the person appointed by the State Technology Office to coordinate and manage the information technology policies and activities applicable to that agency.
(4) "Agency Chief Information Officers Council" means the council created in s. 282.315 to facilitate the sharing and coordination of information technology issues and initiatives among the agencies.
(5) "Enterprise resources management infrastructure" means the hardware, software, networks, data, human resources, policies, standards, facilities, maintenance, and related materials and services that are required to support the business processes of an agency or state enterprise.
(6) "Enterprise resource planning and management" means the planning, budgeting, acquiring, developing, organizing, directing, training, control, and related services associated with government information technology. The term encompasses information and related resources, as well as the controls associated with their acquisition, development, dissemination, and use.
(7) "Information technology" means equipment, hardware, software, firmware, programs, systems, networks, infrastructure, media, and related material used to automatically, electronically, and wirelessly collect, receive, access, transmit, display, store, record, retrieve, analyze, evaluate, process, classify, manipulate, manage, assimilate, control, communicate, exchange, convert, converge, interface, switch, or disseminate information of any kind or form.
(8) "Project" means an undertaking directed at the accomplishment of a strategic objective relating to enterprise resources management or a specific appropriated program.
(9) "State Annual Report on Enterprise Resource Planning and Management" means the report prepared by the State Technology Office as defined in s. 282.102.
(10) "Standards" means the use of current, open, nonproprietary, or non-vendor-specific technologies.
(11) "State Technology Office" or "office" means the office created in s. 282.102.
(12) "Total cost" means all costs associated with information technology projects or initiatives, including, but not limited to, value of hardware, software, service, maintenance, incremental personnel, and facilities. Total cost of a loan or gift of information technology resources to an agency includes the fair market value of the resources, except that the total cost of loans or gifts of information technology to state universities to be used in instruction or research does not include fair market value.
History.--ss. 3, 11, ch. 83-92; s. 17, ch. 87-137; ss. 10, 11, ch. 90-160; s. 4, ch. 91-171; s. 10, ch. 91-221; s. 5, ch. 91-429; s. 3, ch. 92-98; s. 95, ch. 92-142; s. 14, ch. 94-226; s. 11, ch. 94-340; s. 9, ch. 97-286; s. 16, ch. 2000-164; s. 51, ch. 2001-61; s. 10, ch. 2001-261.
Note.--Former s. 282.303.