Section 320.081, Florida Statutes 2001
320.081 Collection and distribution of annual license tax imposed on the following type units.--
(1) The provisions of this section shall apply to all mobile homes and park trailers, and to all travel trailers and fifth-wheel trailers exceeding 35 feet in body length.
(2) The annual license tax prescribed in s. 320.08(10) and (11) is in lieu of ad valorem taxes, and a sticker, as appropriate, shall be issued to evidence payment thereof. It is permissible in this state to transport units governed by this section, registered hereunder, without a corresponding state license plate on the towing vehicle.
(3) The owner shall make application for such sticker in the manner provided in s. 320.02, and the tax collectors in the several counties of the state shall collect the license taxes imposed by s. 320.08(10) and (11) in the same manner and under the same conditions and requirements as provided in s. 320.03.
(4) Each tax collector shall make prompt remittance of all moneys collected by him or her to the department at such times and in such manner as provided by law. Upon receipt of the license taxes collected from the tax collectors of the several counties, the department shall pay into the State Treasury for deposit in the General Revenue Fund the sum of $1.50 on each such sticker issued. The balance remaining shall be paid into a trust fund in the State Treasury designated "License Tax Collection Trust Fund," and the moneys so deposited shall be paid to the respective counties and cities wherein such units governed by the provisions of this section are located, regardless of where the license taxes are collected, in the manner hereinafter provided.
(5) The department shall keep records showing the total number of stickers issued to each type unit governed by this section, the total amount of license taxes collected, and the county or city wherein each such unit is located and shall from month to month certify to the Comptroller the amount derived from license taxes in each county and each city within the county. Such amount, less the amount of $1.50 collected on each license, shall be paid to the counties and cities within the counties wherein the unit or units are located as follows: one-half to the district school board and the remainder either to the board of county commissioners, for units which are located within the unincorporated areas of the county, or to any city within such county, for units which are located within its corporate limits. Payment shall be by warrant drawn by the Comptroller upon the treasury, which amount is hereby appropriated monthly out of the License Tax Collection Trust Fund.
History.--ss. 1-3, ch. 23969, 1947; s. 2, ch. 63-528; s. 6, ch. 65-190; s. 2, ch. 65-446; ss. 24, 35, ch. 69-106; s. 1, ch. 69-300; s. 4, ch. 72-339; s. 17, ch. 72-360; ss. 1, 2, ch. 73-342; s. 93, ch. 77-104; s. 12, ch. 77-357; s. 5, ch. 78-207; s. 25, ch. 83-318; s. 6, ch. 85-343; s. 41, ch. 94-306; s. 914, ch. 95-148.