Section 378.037, Florida Statutes 2001
378.037 Comptroller; responsibilities and duties with respect to reimbursement of reclamation costs.--
(1) The Comptroller shall reimburse approved reclamation costs, less any amount reasonably retained to ensure completion of the approved reclamation program, subject to the following limitations:
(a) A landowner shall not be entitled to payments in excess of the funds available in the Nonmandatory Land Reclamation Trust Fund.
(b) Cost reimbursement shall not exceed the least of:
1. The amount actually expended and reasonably necessary to effect the reclamation consistent with the standards of the approved master reclamation plan;
2. The reclamation contract amount; or
3. The amount allowed based on prereclamation land form, to include mined-out areas at $4,000 per reclaimed acre and clay settling areas and other land forms at $2,500 per reclaimed acre adjusted annually by the appropriate inflationary index for construction.
(2) The Comptroller shall adopt rules to implement the payment provisions of the master reclamation plan and this section, including, but not limited to, periodic reimbursements and competitive procurement of services and commodities to the extent practicable, unless a landowner elects to utilize his or her own personnel and equipment. The landowner may select a method of reimbursement from the alternatives adopted by the Comptroller.
History.--s. 7, ch. 84-330; s. 637, ch. 95-148.