Section 393.002, Florida Statutes 2001
393.002 Transfer of Florida Developmental Disabilities Council as formerly created in this chapter to private nonprofit corporation.--
(1) The Governor, by executive order, shall designate a nonprofit corporation as the agency to receive federal funds to implement, on behalf of the State of Florida, Part B of the Developmental Disabilities Assistance and Bill of Rights Act under 42 U.S.C. ss. 6000 et seq., as amended by the United States Congress. The nonprofit corporation, to be known as the "Developmental Disabilities Council," shall be the designated agency as provided by 42 U.S.C. s. 6021.
(2) The executive order designating this nonprofit corporation shall include provisions for the governance and the organizational structure of the corporation consistent with 42 U.S.C. s. 6024(d)(2)(i).
(3) The nonprofit corporation shall be organized pursuant to chapter 617 and shall possess all the powers granted by that chapter. All powers, duties and functions, records, property, and unexpended balances of appropriations, grants and donations, allocations, or any other funds or assets of the Florida Developmental Disabilities Council shall be transferred, together with title thereto, to the nonprofit corporation.
(4) This designated nonprofit corporation shall be eligible to use the state communications system in accordance with s. 282.105(3).
(5) Pursuant to the applicable provisions of chapter 284, the Division of Risk Management of the Department of Insurance is authorized to insure this nonprofit corporation under the same general terms and conditions as the Florida Developmental Disabilities Council was insured in the Department of Children and Family Services by the division prior to the transfer of its functions authorized by this section.
(6) All departments, officers, agencies, and institutions of the state shall cooperate with the designated corporation in the performance of its duties.
(7) This nonprofit corporation shall make provisions for an annual postaudit of its financial accounts by an independent certified public accountant. The annual audit shall be submitted to the Executive Office of the Governor for review.
(8) Copies of the aforementioned federal law, the state statute, and any executive orders establishing the Developmental Disabilities Council as a nonprofit corporation shall be made available by the corporation to anyone upon request.
History.--s. 3, ch. 95-293; s. 31, ch. 99-5; s. 79, ch. 99-8.