Section 393.14, Florida Statutes 2003
393.14 Multiyear plan.--
(1) The department is authorized to begin implementation of the provisions of this act within the limits of current appropriations. The department shall develop a multiyear plan which will provide for the phased-in implementation of the provisions of this act over the decade following first presentation of the plan to the Legislature. The multiyear plan for implementation shall be presented to the Legislature by January 31, 1990, and every 2 years thereafter. The plan shall include, but not be limited to:
(a) An analysis and inventory of existing programs, facilities, and services dealing with persons who are developmentally disabled.
(b) A survey and analysis outlining the needs of the system of care for persons who are developmentally disabled to accomplish the purpose and intent of this act. This analysis shall include:
1. Comprehensive information relating to the conceptual basis and statement of criteria which will be used for the identification and categorization of all department clients and the expected level and amount of service each category of client will require.
2. A description of the present client population, based on the above criteria.
3. Client population forecasts.
4. Client profiles.
5. Service area resources, needs, and capabilities.
6. Residential and nonresidential community programs.
7. An analysis of the future functions of institutions and their profile.
8. An analysis of the financing necessary to implement needs, which shall include a statement of the actual cost necessary to implement each program and the actual cost of each unit of service to the client for both institutional and community placements.
9. A clear and detailed description of the needs of persons waiting for services and the cost to the state in both human and economic terms if those persons are not served within the fiscal year the plan is submitted.
(c) A plan for the coordination of the state's service, programs, and facilities for persons who are developmentally disabled.
(d) A detailed study of methods to implement alternatives to institutionalization and how those methods can best be utilized.
(2) Every 2 years, commencing with the 1990 fiscal year, the department shall render a written report to the Legislature updating the plan, making recommendations for modification or improvement, and giving a detailed analysis of the manner and method, including funding, by which the Legislature can continue to implement the overall goals of the plan.
History.--s. 10, ch. 75-259; s. 19, ch. 89-308.