Section 394.876, Florida Statutes 2004
(1) Any person desiring to be licensed under this chapter shall apply to the agency on forms provided by the agency. The application shall contain the following:
(a) The name and address of the applicant, the name of the unit or facility, and the address of the unit or facility.
(b)1. If the applicant is a partnership, association, or other form of entity other than an individual or a corporation, the name and address of each member or owner of the entity.
2. If the applicant is a corporation, the name and address of each director or officer and the name and address of each person holding at least 5 percent ownership interest in the corporation.
(c) Such information as the department and the agency find necessary to determine the ability of the applicant to carry out its responsibilities under this chapter.
(2) The applicant shall furnish proof satisfactory to the agency of its financial ability to operate the unit or facility in accordance with this chapter. An applicant for an original license shall submit a balance sheet and a statement projecting revenues, expenses, taxes, extraordinary items, and other credits and charges for the first 6 months of operation.
(3) The applicant shall provide proof of liability insurance coverage in amounts set by the department and the agency by rule.
(4) The agency shall accept proof of accreditation by the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Hospitals in lieu of the information required by subsection (1).
History.--ss. 3, 11, ch. 85-167; s. 4, ch. 91-429; s. 28, ch. 98-171.