Section 397.94, Florida Statutes 2009
397.94 Children's substance abuse services; information and referral network.--
(1) Each substate entity of the department shall develop a plan for and implement a comprehensive children's substance abuse information and referral network to be operational by July 1, 2000.
(2) The substate entity shall determine the most cost-effective method for delivering this service and may select a new provider or utilize an existing provider or providers with a record of success in providing information and referral services.
(a) The plan must provide assurances that the information and referral network will include a resource directory that contains information regarding the children's substance abuse services available, including, but not limited to:
1. Public and private resources by service component, including resources for involuntary admissions under s. 397.675.
2. Hours of operation and hours during which services are provided.
3. Ages of persons served.
4. Description of services.
5. Eligibility requirements.
6. Fee schedules.
(b) Maintain and annually update information regarding private practitioners in the community who provide substance abuse services to children.
(c) Develop and implement procedures for documenting requests for services, including, but not limited to:
1. Number of calls by type of service requested, if any;
2. Ages of children for whom services are requested; and
3. Disposition on all referrals, including location of resource if referred for screening.
(d) Develop and implement procedures for sharing information with participating community agencies and resources.
(3) In planning the information and referral network, the substate entity shall consider the establishment of a 24-hour toll-free telephone number to call for information and a public service campaign to inform the public about the information and referral service.
History.--s. 9, ch. 99-396; s. 2, ch. 2000-337; s. 45, ch. 2009-132.