Section 400.1183, Florida Statutes 2004
400.1183 Resident grievance procedures.--
(1) Every nursing home must have a grievance procedure available to its residents and their families. The grievance procedure must include:
(a) An explanation of how to pursue redress of a grievance.
(b) The names, job titles, and telephone numbers of the employees responsible for implementing the facility's grievance procedure. The list must include the address and the toll-free telephone numbers of the ombudsman and the agency.
(c) A simple description of the process through which a resident may, at any time, contact the toll-free telephone hotline of the ombudsman or the agency to report the unresolved grievance.
(d) A procedure for providing assistance to residents who cannot prepare a written grievance without help.
(2) Each facility shall maintain records of all grievances and shall report annually to the agency the total number of grievances handled, a categorization of the cases underlying the grievances, and the final disposition of the grievances.
(3) Each facility must respond to the grievance within a reasonable time after its submission.
(4) The agency may investigate any grievance at any time.
(5) The agency may impose an administrative fine, in accordance with s. 400.121, against a nursing home facility for noncompliance with this section.
History.--s. 19, ch. 2001-45.