Section 400.554, Florida Statutes 2004
400.554 License requirement; fee; exemption; display.--
(1) It is unlawful to operate an adult day care center without first obtaining from the agency a license authorizing such operation. The agency is responsible for licensing adult day care centers in accordance with this part.
(2) Separate licenses are required for centers operated on separate premises, even though operated under the same management. Separate licenses are not required for separate buildings on the same premises.
(3) The biennial license fee required of a center shall be determined by the department, but may not exceed $150.
(4) County-operated or municipally operated centers applying for licensure under this part are exempt from the payment of license fees.
(5) The license for a center shall be displayed in a conspicuous place inside the center.
(6) A license is valid only in the possession of the individual, firm, partnership, association, or corporation to which it is issued and is not subject to sale, assignment, or other transfer, voluntary or involuntary; nor is a license valid for any premises other than the premises for which originally issued.
History.--s. 5, ch. 78-336; s. 2, ch. 81-318; ss. 79, 83, ch. 83-181; ss. 5, 17, ch. 93-215.