Section 400.6211, Florida Statutes 2004
400.6211 Training and education programs.--
(1) Each adult family-care home provider shall complete training and education programs.
(2) Training and education programs must include information relating to:
(a) State law and rules governing adult family-care homes, with emphasis on appropriateness of placement of residents in an adult family-care home.
(b) Identifying and reporting abuse, neglect, and exploitation.
(c) Identifying and meeting the special needs of disabled adults and frail elders.
(d) Monitoring the health of residents, including guidelines for prevention and care of pressure ulcers.
(3) Effective January 1, 2004, providers must complete the training and education program within a reasonable time determined by the department. Failure to complete the training and education program within the time set by the department is a violation of this part and subjects the provider to revocation of the license.
(4) If the Department of Children and Family Services, the agency, or the department determines that there are problems in an adult family-care home which could be reduced through specific training or education beyond that required under this section, the agency may require the provider or staff to complete such training or education.
(5) The department may adopt rules as necessary to administer this section.
History.--s. 8, ch. 93-209; s. 66, ch. 95-418; s. 11, ch. 98-148; s. 8, ch. 98-338; s. 4, ch. 2003-405.