Section 400.995, Florida Statutes 2009
400.995 Agency administrative penalties.--
(1) In addition to the requirements of part II of chapter 408, the agency may deny the application for a license renewal, revoke and suspend the license, and impose administrative fines of up to $5,000 per violation for violations of the requirements of this part or rules of the agency. In determining if a penalty is to be imposed and in fixing the amount of the fine, the agency shall consider the following factors:
(a) The gravity of the violation, including the probability that death or serious physical or emotional harm to a patient will result or has resulted, the severity of the action or potential harm, and the extent to which the provisions of the applicable laws or rules were violated.
(b) Actions taken by the owner, medical director, or clinic director to correct violations.
(c) Any previous violations.
(d) The financial benefit to the clinic of committing or continuing the violation.
(2) Each day of continuing violation after the date fixed for termination of the violation, as ordered by the agency, constitutes an additional, separate, and distinct violation.
(3) Any action taken to correct a violation shall be documented in writing by the owner, medical director, or clinic director of the clinic and verified through followup visits by agency personnel. The agency may impose a fine and, in the case of an owner-operated clinic, revoke or deny a clinic's license when a clinic medical director or clinic director knowingly misrepresents actions taken to correct a violation.
(4) Any licensed clinic whose owner, medical director, or clinic director concurrently operates an unlicensed clinic shall be subject to an administrative fine of $5,000 per day.
(5) Any clinic whose owner fails to apply for a change-of-ownership license and operates the clinic under the new ownership is subject to a fine of $5,000.
(6) During an inspection, the agency shall make a reasonable attempt to discuss each violation with the owner, medical director, or clinic director of the clinic, prior to written notification.
History.--s. 4, ch. 2003-411; s. 18, ch. 2004-298; s. 30, ch. 2004-350; s. 131, ch. 2007-230; s. 104, ch. 2008-4; s. 46, ch. 2009-223.