Section 402.315, Florida Statutes 2009
402.315 Funding; license fees.--
(1) If the county designates a local agency to be responsible for the licensing of child care facilities, the county shall bear at least 75 percent of the costs involved.
(2) The department shall bear the costs of the licensing of child care facilities when contracted to do so by a county or when directly responsible for licensing in a county which fails to meet or exceed state minimum standards.
(3) The department shall collect a fee for any license it issues for a child care facility pursuant to s. 402.308. Such fee shall be $1 per child, except that the minimum fee shall be $25 per center and the maximum fee shall be $100 per center.
(4) Any county may collect a fee for any license it issues pursuant to s. 402.308.
(5) All moneys collected by the department for child care licensing shall be held in a trust fund of the department to be reallocated to the department during the following fiscal year to fund child care licensing activities, including the Gold Seal Quality Care program created pursuant to s. 402.281.
History.--s. 15, ch. 74-113; s. 3, ch. 76-168; s. 1, ch. 77-457; ss. 2, 3, ch. 81-318; ss. 5, 6, 7, ch. 83-248; s. 13, ch. 84-551; s. 30, ch. 85-54; ss. 1, 2, ch. 93-115; s. 81, ch. 96-175.