Section 408.908, Florida Statutes 2004
408.908 Administration.--The agency shall be responsible for:
(1) Developing a network of health care providers for providing managed health care services on a statewide basis.
(2) Performing all eligibility and administrative claims payment functions relating to the program.
(3) Evaluating the eligibility of each claim for payment under the program.
(4) Establishing a premium billing procedure for the collection of premiums from insured persons.
(5) Developing a schedule of copayments and deductibles that will encourage the use of preventive and primary care services, will deter members from overutilizing services, and will discourage the use of expensive, technology-driven services.
(6) Marketing the MedAccess program.
(7) Providing that the direct and indirect expenses of the program are fully covered by the collection of premiums from members of the MedAccess program.
(8) Establishing policy and budget guidelines for the MedAccess program.
(9) Adopting rules to carry out the provisions of ss. 408.901-408.908.
(10) Implementing and administering the MedAccess program.
(11) Providing to the public and to health care providers information concerning the MedAccess program.
(12) Ensuring that the quality of service provided under the MedAccess program meets the standards of the community.
(13) Identifying and eliminating health care providers who engage in fraudulent or abusive activities related to the MedAccess program.
(14) Evaluating the adequacy of the services covered by the MedAccess program, the accessibility of the program to the uninsured, and the effectiveness of the MedAccess program in reducing the number of uninsured persons in the state.
History.--s. 46, ch. 93-129.