Section 409.817, Florida Statutes 2001
1409.817 Approval of health benefits coverage; financial assistance.--In order for health insurance coverage to qualify for premium assistance payments for an eligible child under ss. 409.810-409.820, the health benefits coverage must:
(1) Be certified by the Department of Insurance under s. 409.818 as meeting, exceeding, or being actuarially equivalent to the benchmark benefit plan;
(2) Be guarantee issued;
(3) Be community rated;
(4) Not impose any preexisting condition exclusion for covered benefits; however, group health insurance plans may permit the imposition of a preexisting condition exclusion, but only insofar as it is permitted under s. 627.6561;
(5) Comply with the applicable limitations on premiums and cost-sharing in s. 409.816;
(6) Comply with the quality assurance and access standards developed under s. 409.820; and
(7) Establish periodic open enrollment periods, which may not occur more frequently than quarterly.
History.--ss. 42, 57, ch. 98-288.
1Note.--Section 57, ch. 98-288, provides that:
"Sections 409.810 through 409.820, Florida Statutes, as created by this act, are repealed, subject to prior legislative review, on the first July 1 occurring at least 1 year after the effective date of an act of the United States Congress or the federal Health Care Financing Administration which:
"(1) Reduces Florida's federal matching rate under Title XXI of the Social Security Act to less than 65 percent federal match; or
"(2) Reduces the federal funds allotted to Florida under Title XXI of the Social Security Act to less than $250 million annually."