Section 409.9124, Florida Statutes 2004
409.9124 Managed care reimbursement.--
(1) The agency shall develop and adopt by rule a methodology for reimbursing managed care plans.
(2) Final rates shall be published annually prior to September 1 of each year, based on methodology that:
(a) Uses Medicaid's fee-for-service expenditures.
(b) Is certified as an actuarially sound computation of Medicaid fee-for-service expenditures for comparable groups of Medicaid recipients and includes all fee-for-service expenditures, including those fee-for-service expenditures attributable to recipients who are enrolled for a portion of a year in a managed care plan or waiver program.
(c) Is compliant with applicable federal laws and regulations, including, but not limited to, the requirements to include an allowance for administrative expenses and to account for all fee-for-service expenditures, including fee-for-service expenditures for those groups enrolled for part of a year.
(3) Each year prior to establishing new managed care rates, the agency shall review all prior year adjustments for changes in trend, and shall reduce or eliminate those adjustments which are not reasonable and which reflect policies or programs which are not in effect.
(4) The agency shall by rule prescribe those items of financial information which each managed care plan shall report to the agency, in the time periods prescribed by rule. In prescribing items for reporting and definitions of terms, the agency shall consult with the Office of Insurance Regulation of the Financial Services Commission wherever possible.
(5) The agency shall quarterly examine the financial condition of each managed care plan, and its performance in serving Medicaid patients, and shall utilize examinations performed by the Office of Insurance Regulation wherever possible.
History.--s. 9, ch. 96-199; s. 451, ch. 2003-261; s. 19, ch. 2004-270.