Section 409.946, Florida Statutes 2009
409.946 Inner City Redevelopment Review Panel.--In order to enhance public participation and involvement in the redevelopment of inner-city areas, there is created within the Office of Tourism, Trade, and Economic Development the Inner City Redevelopment Review Panel.
(1) The review panel shall consist of seven members who represent different areas of the state, who are appointed by the Director of the Office of Tourism, Trade, and Economic Development, and who are qualified, through the demonstration of special interest, experience, or education, in the redevelopment of the state's inner-city areas, as follows:
(a) One member must be affiliated with the Black Business Investment Board;
(b) One member must be affiliated with the Institute on Urban Policy and Commerce at Florida Agricultural and Mechanical University;
(c) One member must be affiliated with the Office of Tourism, Trade, and Economic Development;
(d) One member must be the president of Enterprise Florida, Inc., or the president's designee;
(e) One member must be the Secretary of Community Affairs or the secretary's designee;
(f) One member must be affiliated with the Better Jobs/Better Wages Council of Workforce Florida, Inc.; and
(g) One member must be affiliated with the First Jobs/First Wages Council of Workforce Florida, Inc.
(2) The importance of minority and gender representation must be considered when making appointments to the panel, and the geographic representation of panel members must also be considered.
(3) Members of the review panel shall be appointed for 4-year terms. A person may not serve more than two consecutive terms on the panel.
(4) Members shall elect a chairperson annually. A member may not be elected to consecutive terms as chairperson.
(5) All action taken by the review panel shall be by majority vote of those present. The Director of the Office of Tourism, Trade, and Economic Development or the director's designee shall serve without voting rights as secretary to the panel. The Office of Tourism, Trade, and Economic Development shall provide necessary staff assistance to the panel.
(6) It is the responsibility of the panel to evaluate proposals for awards of inner-city redevelopment grants administered by the Office of Tourism, Trade, and Economic Development. The panel shall review and evaluate all proposals for grants and shall make recommendations, including a priority ranking, reflecting such evaluation.
History.--s. 5, ch. 2000-290; s. 54, ch. 2001-62.