Section 413.40, Florida Statutes 2009
413.40 Powers of division; independent living program.--The division, in carrying out a program of providing independent living rehabilitation services to persons who have severe disabilities, shall be authorized to:
(1) Employ necessary personnel.
(2) Employ consultants.
(3) Provide diagnostic, medical, and psychological and other evaluation services.
(4) Provide training necessary for rehabilitation.
(5) Provide for persons found to require financial assistance with respect thereto and provide maintenance, including:
(a) Personal care attendant services while undergoing rehabilitation.
(b) Transportation incident to necessary rehabilitation services.
(c) Physical and mental restoration services, prosthetic appliances, and other equipment determined to be necessary for rehabilitation.
(6) Provide rehabilitation facilities necessary for the rehabilitation of persons who have severe disabilities or contract with facilities such as centers for independent living for necessary services. The division shall not, however, assume responsibility for permanent custodial care of any individual and shall provide rehabilitation services only for a period long enough to accomplish the rehabilitation objective or to determine that rehabilitation is not feasible through the services available under this section.
(7) Contract with any entity, public or private, to provide independent living services.
History.--s. 4, ch. 59-385; s. 13, ch. 65-239; s. 318, ch. 77-147; s. 14, ch. 87-227; s. 6, ch. 88-214; s. 24, ch. 94-324.
Note.--Former ss. 229.44, 229.0124.