Section 429.17, Florida Statutes 2009
429.17 Expiration of license; renewal; conditional license.--
(1) Limited nursing, extended congregate care, and limited mental health licenses shall expire at the same time as the facility's standard license, regardless of when issued.
(2) A license shall be renewed in accordance with part II of chapter 408 and the provision of satisfactory proof of ability to operate and conduct the facility in accordance with the requirements of this part and adopted rules, including proof that the facility has received a satisfactory firesafety inspection, conducted by the local authority having jurisdiction or the State Fire Marshal, within the preceding 12 months.
(3) In addition to the requirements of part II of chapter 408, each facility must report to the agency any adverse court action concerning the facility's financial viability, within 7 days after its occurrence. The agency shall have access to books, records, and any other financial documents maintained by the facility to the extent necessary to determine the facility's financial stability.
(4) In addition to the license categories available in s. 408.808, a conditional license may be issued to an applicant for license renewal if the applicant fails to meet all standards and requirements for licensure. A conditional license issued under this subsection shall be limited in duration to a specific period of time not to exceed 6 months, as determined by the agency, and shall be accompanied by an agency-approved plan of correction.
(5) When an extended care or limited nursing license is requested during a facility's biennial license period, the fee shall be prorated in order to permit the additional license to expire at the end of the biennial license period. The fee shall be calculated as of the date the additional license application is received by the agency.
(6) The department may by rule establish renewal procedures, identify forms, and specify documentation necessary to administer this section. The agency, in consultation with the department, may adopt rules to administer the requirements of part II of chapter 408.
History.--s. 9, ch. 75-233; ss. 12, 19, ch. 80-198; s. 2, ch. 81-318; ss. 9, 19, ch. 82-148; ss. 47, 79, 83, ch. 83-181; s. 2, ch. 88-350; s. 14, ch. 89-294; s. 9, ch. 91-263; s. 23, ch. 93-177; ss. 10, 38, 39, ch. 93-216; s. 9, ch. 95-418; s. 9, ch. 98-80; s. 44, ch. 98-171; s. 212, ch. 99-13; s. 20, ch. 2003-57; ss. 2, 38, ch. 2006-197; s. 146, ch. 2007-230.
Note.--Former s. 400.417.