Section 445.0325, Florida Statutes 2003
445.0325 Welfare Transition Trust Fund.--
(1) The Welfare Transition Trust Fund is created in the State Treasury, to be administered by the Agency for Workforce Innovation. Funds shall be credited to the trust fund to be used for the purposes of the welfare transition program set forth in ss. 445.017-445.032.
(2) The intent of the Welfare Transition Trust Fund is to support the welfare transition program, including diversion services, employment and related services, transition services, and support services.
(3) Funds budgeted for the welfare transition program may be appropriated to the Welfare Transition Trust Fund for implementation of welfare transition services. Additional funds may be placed in the Welfare Transition Trust Fund, including incentive funds earned by the state for purposes of this section.
(4) All funds transferred to and retained in the trust fund shall be invested pursuant to s. 17.61. Any interest accruing to the trust fund shall be for the benefit of the welfare transition program. Notwithstanding s. 216.301 and pursuant to s. 216.351, any undisbursed balance remaining in the trust fund and interest accruing to the trust fund not distributed at the end of the fiscal year shall remain in the trust fund and shall increase the total funds available to implement the welfare transition program.
(5) Pursuant to the provisions of s. 19(f)(2), Art. III of the State Constitution, the Welfare Transition Trust Fund shall, unless terminated sooner, be terminated on July 1, 2005. Prior to its scheduled termination, the trust fund shall be reviewed as provided in s. 215.3206(1) and (2).
History.--s. 1, ch. 2001-174; s. 499, ch. 2003-261.