Section 450.30, Florida Statutes 2003
1450.30 Requirement of certificate of registration; education and examination program.--
(1) No person may act as a farm labor contractor until a certificate of registration has been issued to him or her by the department and unless such certificate is in full force and effect and is in his or her possession.
(2) No certificate of registration may be transferred or assigned.
(3) Unless sooner revoked, each certificate of registration, regardless of the date of issuance, shall be renewed on the last day of the birth month following the date of issuance and, thereafter, each year on the last day of the birth month of the registrant. The date of incorporation shall be used in lieu of birthdate for registrants that are corporations. Applications for certificates of registration and renewal thereof shall be on a form prescribed by the department.
(4) The department shall provide a program of education and examination for applicants under this part. The program may be provided by the department or through a contracted agent. The program shall be designed to ensure the competency of those persons to whom the department issues certificates of registration.
(5) The department shall require each applicant to demonstrate competence by a written or oral examination in the language of the applicant, evidencing that he or she is knowledgeable concerning the duties and responsibilities of a farm labor contractor. The examination shall be prepared, administered, and evaluated by the department or through a contracted agent.
(6) The department shall require an applicant for renewal of a certificate of registration to retake the examination only if:
(a) During the prior certification period, the department issued a final order assessing a civil monetary penalty or revoked or refused to renew or issue a certificate of registration; or
(b) The department determines that new requirements related to the duties and responsibilities of a farm labor contractor necessitate a new examination.
(7) The department shall charge each applicant a $35 fee for the education and examination program. Such fees shall be deposited in the Crew Chief Registration Trust Fund.
(8) The department may adopt rules prescribing the procedures to be followed to register as a farm labor contractor.
History.--s. 4, ch. 71-234; s. 2, ch. 71-977; s. 1, ch. 77-25; s. 2, ch. 83-42; s. 4, ch. 85-243; s. 2, ch. 90-245; s. 18, ch. 91-147; s. 1, ch. 94-179; s. 175, ch. 97-103; s. 11, ch. 98-149; s. 144, ch. 2000-165.
1Note.--Section 1, ch. 77-25, provides that this section is repealed when an agreement is made as permitted in ss. 2-4, ch. 77-25; ss. 2-4, ch. 77-25, were amended by s. 1, ch. 85-243.