Section 468.307, Florida Statutes 2003
468.307 Certificate; issuance; display.--
(1) The department shall issue a certificate to each candidate who has met the requirements of ss. 468.304 and 468.306 or has qualified under s. 468.3065. The department may by rule establish a subcategory of a certificate issued under this part limiting the certificateholder to a specific procedure or specific type of equipment.
(2)(a) The department may, at its discretion, issue a temporary certificate to:
1. An applicant who has completed an educational program and is awaiting examination for a certificate specified in s. 468.302(2)(b), (c), (e), or (f), if the applicant has met all other requirements established pursuant to s. 468.304.
2. A basic X-ray machine operator, if such person is under the direct supervision of a licensed practitioner and the licensed practitioner has not requested issuance of a temporary certificate within the previous 18 months, upon application by a licensed practitioner who is practicing in an office of five or fewer licensed practitioners.
3. A basic X-ray machine operator-podiatric medicine, if such person is under the direct supervision of a licensed podiatric physician and the licensed podiatric physician has not requested issuance of a temporary certificate within the previous 18 months, upon application by a licensed podiatric physician who is practicing in an office of five or fewer licensed podiatric physicians.
(b)1. A temporary certificate, as provided in this subsection, shall be issued only if the department finds that its issuance will not violate the purposes of this part or tend to endanger the public health and safety. Temporary certificates shall not be extended, renewed, or reissued.
2. A temporary certificate shall expire automatically 6 months after the date of issuance or when the determination is made either to issue to the applicant, or to deny him or her the issuance of, a regular certificate.
(3) Every employer of radiologic technologists shall display the certificates of all of such employees in a place accessible to view.
History.--s. 8, ch. 78-383; s. 2, ch. 81-318; ss. 8, 18, 19, ch. 84-269; s. 7, ch. 88-310; s. 4, ch. 91-429; s. 286, ch. 97-103; s. 214, ch. 98-166; s. 129, ch. 99-397; s. 126, ch. 2000-153.