Section 472.011, Florida Statutes 2008
(1) The board, by rule, may establish fees to be paid for applications, examination, reexamination, licensing and renewal, inactive status application and reactivation of inactive licenses, recordmaking and recordkeeping, and applications for providers of continuing education. The board may also establish by rule a delinquency fee. The board shall establish fees that are adequate to ensure the continued operation of the board. Fees shall be based on department estimates of the revenue required to implement ss. 472.001-472.037 and the provisions of law with respect to the regulation of surveyors and mappers.
(2) The initial application and examination fee shall not exceed $125 plus the actual per applicant cost to the department to purchase the examination from the National Council of Engineering Examiners or a similar national organization. The examination fee shall be in an amount which covers the cost of obtaining and administering the examination and shall be refunded if the applicant is found ineligible to sit for the examination. The application fee shall be nonrefundable.
(3) The initial license fee shall not exceed $200.
(4) The fee for a certificate of authorization shall not exceed $125.
(5) The biennial renewal fee shall not exceed $500.
(6) The fee for a temporary registration or certificate to practice surveying and mapping may not exceed $100 for an individual or $200 for a business firm.
(7) The fee for licensure by endorsement shall not exceed $200.
(8) The fee for application for inactive status or for reactivation of an inactive license shall not exceed $150.
(9) The fee for applications from providers of continuing education may not exceed $500.
History.--ss. 23, 42, ch. 79-243; ss. 2, 3, ch. 81-318; ss. 16, 44, ch. 82-179; s. 21, ch. 88-205; ss. 2, 5, 7, ch. 89-137; s. 4, ch. 91-429; s. 88, ch. 94-119; s. 6, ch. 2001-63.