Section 493.6113, Florida Statutes 2009
493.6113 Renewal application for licensure.--
(1) A license granted under the provisions of this chapter shall be renewed biennially by the department, except for Class "A," Class "B," Class "AB," Class "R," and branch agency licenses, which shall be renewed every 3 years.
(2) No less than 90 days prior to the expiration date of the license, the department shall mail a written notice to the last known residence address for individual licensees and to the last known agency address for agencies.
(3) Each licensee shall be responsible for renewing his or her license on or before its expiration by filing with the department an application for renewal accompanied by payment of the prescribed license fee.
(a) Each Class "A," Class "B," or Class "R" licensee shall additionally submit on a form prescribed by the department a certification of insurance which evidences that the licensee maintains coverage as required under s. 493.6110.
(b) Each Class "G" licensee shall additionally submit proof that he or she has received during each year of the license period a minimum of 4 hours of firearms recertification training taught by a Class "K" licensee and has complied with such other health and training requirements which the department may adopt by rule. If proof of a minimum of 4 hours of annual firearms recertification training cannot be provided, the renewal applicant shall complete the minimum number of hours of range and classroom training required at the time of initial licensure.
(c) Each Class "DS" or Class "RS" licensee shall additionally submit the current curriculum, examination, and list of instructors.
(4) A licensee who fails to file a renewal application on or before its expiration must renew his or her license by fulfilling the applicable requirements of subsection (3) and by paying a late fee equal to the amount of the license fee.
(5) No license shall be renewed 3 months or more after its expiration date. The applicant shall submit a new, complete application and the respective fees.
(6) A renewal applicant shall not perform any activity regulated by this chapter between the date of expiration and the date of renewal of his or her license.
History.--ss. 2, 11, ch. 90-364; s. 6, ch. 91-248; s. 4, ch. 91-429; s. 43, ch. 95-144; s. 531, ch. 97-103; s. 2, ch. 98-335.