Section 497.105, Florida Statutes 2001
497.105 Department of Banking and Finance; powers and duties.--The Department of Banking and Finance shall:
(1) Adopt rules establishing procedures for the renewal of licenses, registrations, and certificates of authority.
(2) Appoint the executive director of the Board of Funeral and Cemetery Services, subject to the approval of the board.
(3) With the advice of the board, submit a biennial budget to the Legislature at a time and in the manner provided by law.
(4) Develop a training program for persons newly appointed to membership on the board. The program shall familiarize such persons with the substantive and procedural laws and rules which relate to the regulation under this chapter and with the structure of the department.
(5) Adopt rules pursuant to ss. 120.536(1) and 120.54 to implement the provisions of this chapter conferring duties upon it.
(6) Establish by rule procedures by which the department shall use the expert or technical advice of the board, for the purposes of investigation, inspection, audit, evaluation of applications, other duties of the department, or any other areas the department may deem appropriate.
(7) Require all proceedings of the board or panels thereof within the department and all formal or informal proceedings conducted by the department, an administrative law judge, or a hearing officer with respect to licensing, registration, certification, or discipline to be electronically recorded in a manner sufficient to ensure the accurate transcription of all matters so recorded.
(8) Select only those investigators approved by the board. Such investigators shall report to and work in coordination with the executive director of the board and are responsible for all inspections and investigations other than financial examinations.
History.--s. 43, ch. 93-399; s. 6, ch. 96-400; s. 231, ch. 96-410; s. 168, ch. 98-200.