Section 497.313, Florida Statutes 2001
497.313 Other charges.--Other than the fees for the sale of burial rights, burial merchandise, and burial services, no other fee may be directly or indirectly charged, contracted for, or received by a cemetery company as a condition for a customer to use any burial right, burial merchandise, or burial service, except for:
(1) Charges paid for opening and closing a grave and vault installation.
(2) Charges paid for transferring burial rights from one purchaser to another; however, no such fee may exceed $50.
(3) Charges for sales, documentary excise, and other taxes actually and necessarily paid to a public official, which charges must be supported in fact.
(4) Charges for credit life and credit disability insurance, as requested by the purchaser, the premiums for which may not exceed the applicable premiums chargeable in accordance with the rates filed with the Department of Insurance.
(5) Charges for interest on unpaid balances pursuant to chapter 687.
History.--s. 70, ch. 93-399.